Thursday, April 29, 2010

Grenade

This is a shape poem that I drew by hand, and I would first off like to apologize for the messy writing. It contains no rhyme scheme. I used personification by saying the grenade has been waiting to put on a show. There is also contrast between the horror caused by the grenade and the entertaining, almost glamorous sounding "show" that it wants to put on. I wrote it this way because one wouldn't normally think of an explosion as being a show, especially not an explosion that is killing people. I think it is an interesting alternative point of view. The poem doesn't contain any kind of punctuation or grammar and words are cut off and continue on the next line, so I hope you are able to understand it.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your idea for this poem. You executed in perfectly, and it's very enjoyable to read as a result. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely an interesting poem. Concrete poems are fun to work with as well as interesting to read. I thought that the shape of a grenade for a poem on explosions was very smart and quite an interesting approach. I thought your writing actually enhanced the poem because I thought it suited the poem quite well, giving it a sense of mystery and "ruggedness". Great job!

    ReplyDelete